The challenge of investing wisely
- It’s hard to stay abreast of all the elements that comprise a wise investment strategy. (So many things to consider! asset allocation, risk versus reward, tax considerations, etc.)
- Even if you basically know what to do, it can be challenging to find the time to implement a strategy. (Involves research into the pros and cons of an entire universe of choices, then possibly aggregating various accounts into a consolidated portfolio, which might explain why so many people have assets languishing in a hodge-podge collection of accounts scattered throughout the financial universe.)
- Even if you know what to do and you take the time to implement it, how likely is it that you’ll spend the time reviewing and making adjustments to accounts a few times a year, or even once a year?
If you don’t have the knowledge and/or the time and/or the perseverance and/or the desire to manage your investments in a comprehensive, diligent, strategic way, it’s possible that you’re cheating yourself out of the future you desire.
At FDP we understand that people have all manner of competing claims on their time, but we also know that sound investment management doesn’t happen by itself — you can’t just push a button on your iPhone and have the perfect investment strategy materialize and implement itself.
We work with our clients to give them the level of support they need in establishing a sound investment management strategy.
The process of investment management will begin with the creation of a customized investment policy statement tailored to your unique circumstances followed by:
- Recommendation of an appropriate asset allocation for your risk tolerance and time horizon.
- Recommendation of specific investments for your accounts.
- Assisting in the transfer of your accounts to a consolidated portfolio.
- Purchase and sale of investments as needed and as agreed upon by you.
- Monitoring of your portfolio on a regular basis.
- Preparation of year-end tax statements for taxable accounts as needed.
- Rebalancing your portfolio to remain consistent with your asset allocation.
- Discussion of relevant investment issues as needed or as requested by you.
- Providing the professional discipline needed during difficult market conditions.
We specialize in developing excellent risk-based returns and monitoring your portfolio for the long haul.
At FDP, we encourage everyone to have a comprehensive plan for managing their investments. But if that’s something that you’re likely to handle with perpetual procrastination, talk to us about the ways in which we can put your investment management program in place.